Thursday 19 December 2013

Further Filastruder Prints



Visit Tagbits to see the full range of tagger products described in this blog.



I made some black ABS filament using some masterbatch from CraigRK. It came out really well and I am happy with the prints I have from it. Both on my Mendel90 and gunbot:



One thing I have noticed is that the filament quality from the filastruder is better when the temperature is lower. However, with a low extrusion temp. the die swell is so much with the standard 3mm nozzle that I was getting filament of 3.2mm in diameter. This proved a problem for gunbot.

Due to the metal shards I was getting in the filament (which has cleared now BTW. See the comments in the link) I ordered a nozzle with inbuilt filter.

Quite by accident, they sent me a 1.75mm nozzle instead of the 3mm one I ordered. They said I could easily fix this by drilling out the hole to 2.7mm, as is drilled for the standard 3mm nozzle. I decided to start small, and started with 2.5mm.

Extruding at 185C with this nozzle gave excellent results. 3mm bang on and super smooth filament with the plastic pellets from CraigRK.

No comments: