Tuesday 30 December 2014

More 3D printed proton pack



I've been continuing with my build of a 100% 3D printed (actually about 97%, see next post) Ghostbuster's Proton Pack. The 'synch generator' has many thin rectangular details around its radius.

These can be seen in Steffan Otto's plans:



My plans is to glue these into place, but I need to adhere this lot:



Onto this:



In this style:



There are two problems here:
  1. The parts are thin and liable to fall over whilst the glue sets.
  2. The parts are angularly spaced at 16.36degrees.


I printed onto A2 paper the CAD drawing I had for the synch generator:



Then I aligned the synch generator onto the print:



I then hot glued the details into place, using the print as a reference.All in all...a successful job:


All design files are published here.

No comments: