Friday 16 October 2009

Dry run planning

Tomorrow I plan to do a dry run.

Here is a plan of everything as it will be laid out on the day:





My drive, and my neighbours run parallel, he's told me he won't be in on the night of halloween so his drive will be clear. I will also make sure my drive is clear to enhance the spookiness.

I've also drawn a plan of the electro-pneumatic system to give me a rough idea of what I need to wire up:




The two wierd symbols inbetween the pistons and the solenoid valves are the one way restrictors that allow the skeleton/lid to reset under gravity without excessive speed.

The flow restrictors allow me to control the acceleration of each piston.

The control software is complete. The only thing that needs to be done is time the up/down times of the lid/skeleton so I can ensure the software waits for sufficient time before transitioning to a new state (e.g. CoffinLidOpen).

I also need to make sure that the audio sample I have for the coffin lid rising lasts long enough for the lid to rise. I plan to use the excellent 'Audacity' to stretch/shrink the sample time without affecting the pitch.

No comments: