Sunday, 18 October 2009

Dry Run

On Saturday night I managed to set the complete system up and do a dry run. I resurrected last years grave stones and set everything up more or less as detailed in the last posts diagram.

I videoed two system operations. One with lights off, which is how I intend to operate the system on the day. This does not show up very well on the camera though.

Another issue is that the strobe light does not show up on the video very well. It looks fine in the real world though.

video


The second run was with the 150W floodlight at mounted on my garage turned on. This shows up much better on the video but does not appear quite as spooky.


video


Here's what I've learned from the execercise:
  1. I'm not sure about the 300W floodlight I'm using. I feel it is too directional. I think I'll try a 150W halogen flood.
  2. I need to change the coffin lid opening sample, you can hardly hear it. nophead suggested that I record the squeaky door in trap 2 of the gents toilets at our workplace. So not feeling at all a bit pervy I started recording stuff in there with my phone, and just for the record, I was alone.
  3. I think the PIR may need to be closer to the door.

Roll on Halloween.

No comments: